Super easy fun nails!!
Thumb & Middle finger: China Gelaze Spontaneous (I see this color on their website but not in a lot of Sally Beauty Supply stores – JFYI)
Index & Ring finger: China gelaze Swing Baby as base with Gelish All That Glitters is Gold (make sure to apply the Gelish Glitter polish to a facial sponge to soak up the clear polish, then apply the polish to your nail before curing)
Little finger: China gelaze Sweet Hook
Pink = Orly Gel FX Kiss the Bride
White = Fingerpaints gel polish
Stamp = Bundle Monster 5pc Blogger Collaboration Nail Art Polish Stamping Plates – Set 1
There is also a plate by Born Pretty that is similar to the Bundle Monster if you don’t want to get the collection. The Born Pretty plate is called Heart Love Kiss Nail Art Stamp Template Image Plate Pattern Qgirl-006.
For Christmas I received some new nail stamps and a new clear XL Jelly Stamper from Uber Chic which made stamping my nails so much easier, placement wise. It took me a number of times to get the hang of it but in the end, I am so happy with the results.
- Champagne color – China Gelaze Swing Baby
- Black – Fingerpaints gel polish
- Bundle Monster nail lacquer in black and gold
- I used Bundle Monster nail stamp BM-XL201 for the falling stars
- Cheeky nail stamp CH19 for the champagne bottle motif.
China Gelaze Ruby Red Slippers with a nails stamp (Cheeky CH11) on top 🙂
For the holidays, done with nail stamp (Born Pretty BP-L 006) and BMC nail polish in black.
We have been using our BioLite stove with the grill attachment along with the cattle for about 1 to 2 years now and here are some of the things that I like and don’t like since using it:
- It’s very compact as the battery fits into the stove compartment and then they both slide into the kettle. So tailgating is made easy for someone who doesn’t have the space or lives in a compact area like San Francisco. For us, it makes it easy to pack up or just store out of wa when not in use.
- It is an all-in-one: a grill, battery recharger, and stove top.
- The battery and fan are self charging/propelling via kinetic energy from the fire, unlike the latest blue version out there.
- Small electronic devices like headlamps, and watches recharge quickly.
- Wood is free fuel. I have purchased the little Biolite wood pellets for when I just want to start a fire right away (yes i have been that lazy…I mean exhausted) or keep a fire going for a long time. I find the heat from the wood pellets is long lasting and more controlled, not mention I don’t have to keep throwing in twigs every 2 mins. I want to try BBQ wood chips to see if there is a big difference in flavors…..and I have seen them for cheap at stores.
- IF it rains…..say goodbye to breakfast, lunch and dinner. You need twigs/dry wood to start your fire and if you didn’t collect it before the downpour then you will be eating whatever doesn’t need to be cooked.
- Unable to sufficiently recharge larger devices like phones. My older Motorola smartphone recharged quite well with our Biolite; however, since I have upgraded to a Galaxy S5, a get a small burst of recharge (a whopping 1%) about every 5mins. I was reading that the newer phones will need more amps to recharge than older models. Just FYI.
- It is heavy for backpacking (33oz. = 2.06lbs) so I don’t recommend it for this activity. We use a Jetboil for backpacking and love it too but for different reasons.
In the end, I would recommend the Biolite for tailgating, car/base camping, or is you need something really compact that does it all. But if you are focused on backpacking, not feeding a fire, instantaneous ON and just reheating water for your dehydrated meals, I really enjoy my Jetboil.
After seeing this log bench on Pinterest (photo on left from 1001gardens.org/2015/06/15-diy-log-ideas-for-your-garden/), my husband took his chainsaw and built the same bench (see photo on right) at our property. It is a solid bench and recommend it to others who need a bench. We got the 3″x12″ wood beam from our neighbor who wanted to get rid of some scrap wood. The hubby cut openings in the wood at a slight angle, wedged the beam in and then used the back of his axe to hammer/wedge the beam into the stumps tightly. It worked!! And the bench is solid. Doesn’t wiggle, shake, etc. Also the nice part about the top of the stumps and the beam protruding from the stump, is that there is plenty of room to set down a drink. Love it! Pinterest success!
China Glaze Gelaze nails in That’s Shore Bright with a marbled accent nail and sparkle in China Gelaze Pixie Dust. Just having fun with some bright nails as spring is in the air.
For NYE, I like to do something but I never like having to worry about finding a cab let alone paying for a cab along with drinks, entrance fees, etc. All the things that normally go along with the typical NYE……so the hubby and I decided to stay in for NYE and I threw us a little shin-dig at home were we could chill, not have to worry about driving/finding that dang cab and honestly just go at our own pace. I planned different activities so we don’t get bored and worst-scenario, I have a fun movie on hand in case we are just tired.
So this year, I planned a couple of activities along with a little finger-food spread for us to enjoy:
I turned our office into the “Lounge” or bar for making drinks and also put the party favors in there. I got my favors at the 99 cent store. Go before Christmas to get the the good stuff. Also I always buy streamers or other more simple decor is generic colors like gold, silver, black or white so I can reuse them again and again.
Also here are some photos from NYE 2012 for more ideas:
So my husband and I wanted to paint our house completely different colors than the current blue and gray-blue. We wanted more neutral colors and I was really unsure if the colors that I was thinking in my mind would look good in real life. So I went to the Benjamin Moore website and found their virtual paint your room app and it helped me out immensely. Making my decision was easier as I was trying to decipher between having white posts/trim vs brown posts on our porch. It was also nice to sit with the pictures for a couple of days before committing to the decision. Especially because I’m such a visual person and sometimes thinking out an idea is just not enough for me. The other nice thing was we were able to use these pictures for the submission to our homeowners’ association for approval to make sure that there was no misunderstanding of what colors are going where and then we also used to this picture in order to show our painter. Hopefully this helps you out is well with your next project.
To decision time: