Some great books to get your mind thinking:
- 1984 by George Orwell – Have always loved this book! To think this was written/published in 1949 about what the future would be like – Big Brother is watching you.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Make you Laugh out Loud:
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella – I though this would be too girly of a book but couldn’t put it down. The book is WAY better than the movie so give it a chance to see the messes Rebecca Bloomwood creates and gets out of.
- UNFU*K YOURSELF by Gary John Bishop – This is a self help book but this Scottish man is blunt! If you can listen to the audio-book, I highly recommend it as you can hear his intonation and sarcasm. 🙂
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – Yes, this is a children’s book but has a lot of profound statements for life.
- The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff – The book uses the characters from the cartoon Winnie the Pooh to teach the belief system of Taoism. There is also a sequel called The Te of Piglet. Looks like there is a newer combo version of both of these books together in one.
- The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz – a short/quick read but very inspiring
If you have any recommendations,
PLEASE comment below!
(as I would love to read more)
*To help support this site, I am JUST started using Amazon Affiliate links for the above books; however, these books can be found in libraries and other retailers, AND my reviews for ANY gear/books on this website is ALWAYS my honest opinion.
3 Comments Add yours
George Orwell 1984 is on my list of books to read. I remember reading his book Animal Farm in middle school.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Animal Farm is on my list to read as well (since reading 1984).