With recently hosting a Country Baby (girl) Shower, I wanted to make some homemade apple pies for everyone. I find it easier to make bite-size or mini individual size pies so people and grab-n-go at the buffet which helps keeps the flow of the party going.
So here is my EASY Mini Apple Pie recipe:
- 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crust (contains 2 pie crusts)
- 2 Gala apples
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkling of Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Baking Pam or other baking spray
- A Pastry Cutter/Masher (I don’t know what you really call it)
- 1 Plastic Cup – to use as a cookie cutter
- Regular Muffin Pan
A basic rule of thumb for these pies:
For every 1 Apple, use 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Take your pie crust out 20-30mins prior to unrolling it. This will unroll much easier than straight from the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven, to 425 degrees.
- Chop the Gala Apples — I cheated and used a “chopper” from Pampered Chef.
- Sprinkle your Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Vanilla over the apples
- Stir all the ingredients together so everything is evenly coated
- Unroll your first pie crust.
- Use your Plastic Cup as a cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can.
I get about 8 without having to re-roll my dough.
- Then, use your Pastry Cutter to start cutting strips for the top of your pie.
I didn’t have anything fancy so…hence the straight lines of the my pies.
- Spray your Muffin Pan with the Baking Spray
- Place your circles in the tin, pushing the dough into the creases and pushing out any air below the dough.
- Spoon in your apple mixture
- Take your strips and make 2 “X’s” (one above the other) on your pies and push the dough into your bottom crust so “they connect” for baking.
- Bake for 18mins @425 degrees.
- Instead of strips – cut out another circle and also use tiny cookie cutters to cut out the shape of a heart, rattle, Christmas tree, etc. in the center for whatever holiday or event and place that on top, to cover the filling
- Put the pies into holiday or other festive cupcake wrappers
- I’m sure you could also use this recipe for other fruit as well.