Since I started trail running and now it is July in Reno, NV where the temperature can hit 100 degree plus, it’s HOT here. Even with sweatproof sunscreen, it doesn’t matter. At that temperature and creating body heat, you’re melting and sweat is going to drip into your face.
So with staying frugal and especially for something like a sweatband…I didn’t want to spend money on something that is soaking it up. I went through my old yarn to see what I had and luckily I have some remnants of 100% cotton yarn from when I made dishcloths and eye make-up remover pads.
Here’s the pattern:
- chain 12
- in the second stitch, single crochet all the way across
- chain 2 and turn, double crocheting (through broth loops) all the way across again
- Let’s call a row of single with a row of double crochet a “set”
- chain 1 and turn, single crochet (through both loops) all the way across
- I single crocheted through the loops of both ends which made a chain along the width of the sweatband. You can sew the ends together for a more seamless look.